ARE YOU LOOKING FOR AN EXCITING NEW CAREER OPPORTUNITY?! We are looking for a team player to join our team!
Rob Cagnin, Mortgage Architects — Burlington, ON
Salary negotiable depending on experience
Rob Cagnin, Mortgage Architects requires a Mortgage Underwriter. The successful applicant will assist to process mortgage applications, and work closely with the senior mortgage agent to complete the mortgage process to closing. The successful applicant will also interact with each client regarding collecting any documentation required for their file.
1. Dealing directly with clients either by telephone, electronically or in person as well as being responsible for the processing of information and documents.
2. Coordinating communication between all parties involved on each mortgage file, including but not limited to lender, insurer, home appraiser, and lawyer
3. Submit Mortgage files to Lenders and work with clients to get files completed
4. Coordinate clients and property appraisals
5. Verification that applications are complete and accurate.
6. Auditing and reviewing mortgage applications
7. Collecting outstanding documentation from clients and helping the clients through this process
8. Becoming an expert in terms of lender underwriting guidelines, and being able to determine which lenders would be the best fit for the client’s goals
1. Have proficient computer / technology skills and be able to use online applications
2. Proficiency with MS Office suite, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
3. Be able to work independently, as well as in a team environment
4. Able to multi-task in a fast-paced, competitive environment
5. Be able to work well under pressure of constant deadlines
6. Demonstrate excellent time-management skills, and be able to meet/exceed timelines
7. Demonstrate high-level accuracy and attention to detail
8. Demonstrate excellent customer service skills both on the phone and via email, i.e. strong interpersonal and communication skills
9. Must be confident, organized, self-directed and adaptable
10. Mortgage underwriting experience is an asset
11. Mortgage agent license is an asset
• Post Secondary degree or diploma an asset
• Mortgage underwriting experience preferred as well as previous experience in banking, finance and/or lending
To apply to this position please send resume to email@example.com